Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe is a popular dish from Afghanistan, made with marinated and grilled boneless mutton that is sliced into thin pieces. The mutton is marinated in a mixture of yogurt, cream, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt, which adds a complex and delicious flavor to the meat. The marinated mutton is then threaded onto skewers and grilled over medium-high heat until it is cooked through and slightly charred. The result is a succulent and flavorful meat dish with a slightly smoky and spicy taste. Afghani chaap dry is often served as a main dish with some rice or naan bread, or as an appetizer with some chutney or raita. It is a dish that is loved by many for its unique blend of spices and its tender and juicy meat.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe
Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe Ingredients
- 500g boneless mutton
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for grilling
- Chopped coriander leaves and lemon wedges, for garnish
Read also: Kashniri Harissa Recipe
Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe Steps
- Wash the boneless mutton and cut it into thin slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, cream, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the mutton slices to the mixture and coat them well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated mutton slices onto skewers and brush them with some oil.
- Place the skewers on the grill or grill pan and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the meat is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and transfer the cooked mutton slices to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- Your delicious Afghani chaap dry is now ready to be served! Enjoy it as a main dish with some rice or naan bread, or as an appetizer with some chutney or raita.
Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for a serving of Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe, based on the recipe I provided:
- Calories: 455
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 281mg
It’s important to note that this information is an estimate and can vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Additionally, this recipe contains a significant amount of fat and calories, which should be taken into consideration as part of a balanced diet. To make this dish a bit healthier, you can use leaner cuts of meat or reduce the amount of oil used for grilling.
Afghani Chaap Dry Recipe is a delicious and popular meat dish from Afghanistan, made with marinated and grilled boneless mutton that is sliced into thin pieces. The dish is rich in flavor, with a unique blend of spices and a slightly smoky and spicy taste. While it is high in fat and calories, it can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation. With the recipe and nutrition information provided, you can make this flavorful dish at home and enjoy it with some rice or naan bread, or as an appetizer with some chutney or raita.
Leave a Reply