The All in one chunky winter broth Recipe is a hearty and nourishing soup that is perfect for cold winter days. It is a one-pot meal that combines a variety of seasonal vegetables, protein, grains and legumes, to create a wholesome and comforting soup that is packed with flavor and nutrition.
The recipe starts with sautéing onions, garlic, celery, and carrots in a pot, which forms the base of the soup. Then dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and sage are added for flavor, followed by broth and the other ingredients like kale, potatoes, root vegetables, squash, protein, white beans, pearl barley, quinoa. The soup is simmered till all the ingredients are cooked through, and it’s seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
Finally, the soup is garnished with chopped fresh parsley, and grated Parmesan cheese. which adds a fresh herbaceous note and nutty tanginess to the soup. The final product is a chunky, hearty, and flavorful soup that’s perfect for a comforting winter meal.
This recipe is versatile, you can make it vegan by using vegetable broth and plant-based protein, or gluten-free by using gluten-free grains, and adjust it to your taste preference or dietary need.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and deliciousAll in one chunky winter broth Recipe
All in one chunky winter broth Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup cooked and diced potatoes
- 1 cup cooked and diced root vegetables (such as carrots, parsnips, and turnips)
- 1 cup cooked and diced squash
- 1 cup cooked and diced chicken or protein of choice
- 1 cup cooked and diced white beans
- 1 cup cooked pearl barley
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Read also: Easy carrot cake Recipe
All in one chunky winter broth Recipe Steps
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery to the pot and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in the thyme, rosemary, and sage, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the kale, potatoes, root vegetables, squash, chicken or protein, white beans, barley, and quinoa to the pot.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Note: This is a recipe suggestion, and you can adjust, remove or add any ingredient that you prefer.
All in one chunky winter broth Recipe Nutrition
It is always a good idea to consult a nutritionist to determine your daily nutrient requirement, and your personal dietary preferences, and adjust the recipe accordingly. This is especially important when you have dietary restrictions or allergies.
As for the nutrition values of the ingredients in this recipe, here are some general nutritional benefits of the ingredients commonly found in this recipe:
- Broth: A good source of hydration and electrolytes, and it may also provide some minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Vegetables: Vegetables like carrots, celery, and kale are high in vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, potassium, folate, and many more. They are also high in antioxidants which help protect the body from free radical damage.
- Potatoes: A good source of complex carbohydrates, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Root vegetables: Root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and turnips are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and fiber.
- Squash: Squash is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber and potassium.
- Protein: The protein source in this recipe can vary, chicken, legumes or any other sources. It’s a good source of essential amino acids which help in muscle development and repair.
- Beans and Grains: Pearl Barley, Quinoa, and Beans are a good source of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and protein. They also provide essential minerals such as Iron, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Copper and more.
- Parsley: Parsley is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, potassium, folate, and many more.
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese is a good source of calcium, protein, and vitamin B12.
Keep in mind that ingredients used in this recipe can be substituted with other ones that meet your dietary needs. If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies it’s best to consult a nutritionist before starting any recipe.
In conclusion, the All in one chunky winter broth Recipe is a hearty and nourishing meal that provides a good balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats, as well as a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from the vegetables. It’s easy to make and you can adjust it to your taste preference or dietary need.
This recipe is versatile and it allows you to add or subtract ingredients as per your dietary restrictions or preference. You can use different types of broth and protein, as well as add or remove vegetables or grains to suit your taste.
To make this recipe even more nutritious and well-rounded, you can consider adding a source of healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado or nuts. You can also try adding a variety of spices and herbs to give the soup more depth of flavor.
Overall, this recipe is a great way to make use of a wide range of seasonal vegetables and nourishing ingredients, to create a delicious and comforting meal that will keep you warm on cold winter days.