Aloo Bonda Recipe is a traditional Indian snack made with boiled, mashed potatoes that are mixed with spices and coated in a batter made of besan (chickpea flour) before being deep fried. The soft and spiced interior of the bonda is contrasted by the crispy and crunchy exterior, making it a popular snack food in India. It is commonly served as a street food snack or as an appetizer at traditional Indian gatherings and can be enjoyed with a variety of dips, such as chutney or ketchup.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Aloo Bonda Recipe
Aloo Bonda Recipe Ingredients
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
Read also: Corn Pakoda Recipe
Aloo Bonda Recipe Steps
- Boil the potatoes and mash them in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the besan, rice flour, baking soda, and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Divide the mashed potatoes into 12 equal portions and shape them into balls.
- Dip each potato ball in the batter, ensuring that it is well coated.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Gently drop each coated potato ball into the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Drain the bondas on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
Aloo Bonda Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Aloo Bonda Recipe will vary based on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. However, here is a rough estimate of the nutritional content per serving (2 bondas) of a typical Aloo Bonda recipe:
- Calories: Approximately 250-300 calories
- Fat: Approximately 15-20 gm
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20-25 gm
- Protein: Approximately 5-7 gm
- Fiber: Approximately 2-3 gm
It is important to note that deep-fried foods like Aloo Bonda are high in calories and fat, and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Aloo Bonda Recipe is a delicious and popular Indian snack made with boiled and mashed potatoes that are seasoned with spices, coated in a batter made of besan and deep fried. It is usually served as a street food snack or as an appetizer at traditional Indian gatherings, and can be enjoyed with a variety of dips such as chutney or ketchup. However, it is high in calories and fat, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.