Aloo Masala Recipe is a classic Indian dish that is made with potatoes and a flavorful masala gravy. It is a simple and comforting dish that is perfect for a comforting weeknight meal. The dish is made by sautéing onions and tomatoes, and then adding spices and diced potatoes. The potatoes are cooked until they are soft and tender, and the dish is finished with a flavorful masala gravy. The dish has a creamy and comforting texture from the potatoes and a nice balance of flavors from the onions, tomatoes, and spices. The dish is typically seasoned with a combination of cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder which gives a nice aroma and taste. The dish is typically served with rice or roti and can be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Aloo Masala is also a versatile dish that can be easily adapted to suit different dietary needs. For example, you can add more or less spices to adjust the level of heat, or add other vegetables like peas or carrots to make it more nutritious.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Aloo Masala Recipe
Aloo Masala Recipe Ingredients
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- Oil or ghee for cooking
Read also: Paneer Sandwich Recipe
Aloo Masala Recipe Steps
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies and sauté till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the powdered spices (coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala) and stir well.
- Add the diced potatoes and mix well.
- Add water as needed and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
You can adjust the recipe to your liking by adding more or less spices, or by adding other vegetables like peas or carrots.
Aloo Masala Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Aloo Masala Recipe will vary depending on the specific ingredients and method of preparation used. However, generally speaking, it can be a nutritious dish that is a good source of carbohydrates and dietary fiber from the potatoes, and also contains some protein. Additionally, the dish contains some vitamins and minerals from the onions, tomatoes, and spices used.
One serving of Aloo Masala (about 1 cup) made with 3-4 medium sized potatoes, 1 onion, 2-3 tomatoes, and the basic spices mentioned in the previous recipe, contains approximately:
- 250-300 calories
- 4-5 g of protein
- 60-70 g of carbohydrates
- 3-4 g of dietary fiber
- 5-7 g of fat
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron and other minerals
However, the dish can be high in calories and fat, depending on the amount of oil or ghee used in the recipe, and also Sodium if you are adding more Salt. So you can adjust the recipe to suit your dietary needs by using less oil or ghee and also salt.
In conclusion, Aloo Masala Recipe is a delicious and comforting Indian dish made with potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and a flavorful masala gravy. It is a simple and versatile dish that can be easily adapted to suit different dietary needs. The dish is typically served with rice or roti and can be enjoyed by vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Nutritional value of Aloo Masala varies with the ingredients and preparation method used, but generally, it is a good source of carbohydrates, dietary fiber, and some protein, and also contains some vitamins and minerals. Keep in mind that the dish can be high in calories and fat depending on the amount of oil or ghee used in the recipe, and also sodium, so you can adjust the recipe to suit your dietary needs by using less oil or ghee and also salt.
Leave a Reply