Ambur Star Biryani Recipe is a popular dish from the town of Ambur in Tamil Nadu, India. It is a type of biryani that is made with tender and juicy chicken pieces that are marinated in a blend of spices and yogurt. The biryani is cooked with fragrant basmati rice and a blend of aromatic spices that give it a distinctive flavor and aroma. The dish is typically garnished with crispy fried onions, fresh cilantro leaves, and mint leaves. It is usually served with lemon wedges and raita, which is a yogurt-based side dish. Ambur Star Biryani is known for its unique taste and is a favorite among biryani lovers in South India.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Ambur Star Biryani Recipe
Ambur Star Biryani Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 lb chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves
- 4-5 cardamom pods
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Read also: Chicken Burger Recipe
Ambur Star Biryani Recipe Steps
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the sliced onions. Fry until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove the onions from the oil and set aside on a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the marinated chicken and cook until it is browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- Add the rice to the pan and fry for a few minutes until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Add 4 cups of water, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and salt to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Add the cooked chicken, fried onions, chopped cilantro leaves, and chopped mint leaves to the pan. Mix everything together and cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
- Enjoy your delicious Ambur Star Biryani
Ambur Star Biryani Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of Ambur Star Biryani Recipe:
- Calories: 525
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 72g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 301mg
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 5.8g
Note that these are approximate values and may vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used. Additionally, the serving size may vary depending on how much biryani is consumed.
Ambur Star Biryani Recipe is a delicious and popular dish from the town of Ambur in Tamil Nadu, India. It is made with tender chicken marinated in a blend of spices and yogurt, and cooked with fragrant basmati rice and aromatic spices. While the exact nutrition information may vary based on the specific recipe used, one serving of Ambur Star Biryani is typically around 525 calories and provides a good amount of protein and carbohydrates. It can be enjoyed as a hearty and flavorful meal on its own, or with a side of raita and lemon wedges.