Andhra chicken curry Recipe is a spicy and flavorful dish from the Andhra Pradesh region of India. The dish typically features boneless chicken cooked in a tomato-based sauce with a variety of aromatic spices, including mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and garam masala powder. The curry is known for its bold and complex flavors, which are derived from the combination of spices used. Andhra chicken curry is usually served hot with rice or roti and garnished with fresh coriander leaves. It’s a perfect dish for those who enjoy a little heat and a lot of flavor in their meals.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Andhra chicken curry Recipe
Andhra chicken curry Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, slit
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Read also: Amritsari Fish Recipe
Andhra chicken curry Recipe Steps
- Heat oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds.
- Once they start to splutter, add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, slit green chilies, and curry leaves, and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt, and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well, making sure the chicken is coated with the masala.
- Cover and cook the chicken on low heat until it is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the garam masala powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
- Enjoy your Andhra chicken curry
Andhra chicken curry Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional information for Andhra chicken curry Recipe can vary depending on the specific recipe and serving size. Here is a general breakdown of the nutrients in a serving of Andhra chicken curry made with 1 lb of boneless chicken:
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 calories per serving
- Protein: 25-30 grams per serving
- Fat: 10-15 grams per serving
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams per serving
- Fiber: 2-3 grams per serving
The exact nutritional content will depend on the specific ingredients and proportions used in the recipe. However, in general, Andhra chicken curry is a good source of protein and can provide a variety of essential vitamins and minerals from the spices used. The dish is also relatively low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats if prepared with healthy cooking oils.
In conclusion, Andhra chicken curry Recipe is a flavorful and spicy dish that can be a great source of protein and essential nutrients. While the exact nutritional content may vary depending on the specific recipe and serving size, it is generally a good option for those looking to add more protein and healthy fats to their diet. However, it’s important to be mindful of the amount of oil and salt used in the recipe, as these can contribute to higher calorie and sodium content. Overall, Andhra chicken curry can be a delicious and nutritious addition to a well-balanced diet when consumed in moderation.