Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe is a popular dish from the state of Andhra Pradesh in southern India. The dish features tender pieces of chicken that are marinated in a blend of spices, yogurt, and lemon juice, and then pan-fried until they are crispy and golden brown. The marinade for the chicken includes a blend of aromatic spices, such as cumin, coriander, red chili powder, and turmeric, which give the dish a bold and flavorful taste. The yogurt helps to tenderize the chicken and adds a slight tanginess to the marinade, while the lemon juice provides a refreshing citrus flavor. Once the chicken is marinated, it is pan-fried in hot oil until it is crispy and cooked through. The dish is often garnished with curry leaves, which add a fragrant aroma and a slightly bitter taste, and served with sliced onions and lemon wedges on the side. Andhra chicken fry is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is often enjoyed as a snack or appetizer, but it can also be served as a main course with rice or flatbreads. While it is a relatively simple dish to prepare, it is packed with bold flavors that are sure to please your taste buds.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe
Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe Ingredients
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, for frying
- Curry leaves, for garnish
- Sliced onions, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Read also: Butter Chicken Recipe
Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe Steps
- In a bowl, combine the chicken pieces with the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and salt. Mix well to coat the chicken evenly with the spices. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and fry for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with sliced onions and lemon wedges.
Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe Nutrition
Nutrition information Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe (per serving, based on 4 servings):
- Calories: 274
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 436mg
Note that this is an estimate, and actual nutritional information may vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used.
Andhra Chicken Fry Recipe is a delicious and popular dish from the state of Andhra Pradesh in southern India. The marinade for the chicken features a blend of aromatic spices, yogurt, and lemon juice, which tenderize and flavor the chicken. Once marinated, the chicken is pan-fried until it is crispy and golden brown, and often served with curry leaves, sliced onions, and lemon wedges. While Andhra chicken fry is a relatively simple and easy-to-prepare dish, it is packed with bold and flavorful tastes that make it a favorite among many people. As with any food, it is best to enjoy this dish in moderation as part of a balanced and varied diet. By pairing it with healthy sides like steamed vegetables or a fresh salad, you can create a nutritious and satisfying meal that will nourish your body and satisfy your taste buds.
Leave a Reply