Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe is a popular Indian dish that originates from the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a spicy and flavorful dish that is made by marinating bite-sized chicken pieces in a mixture of ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cornflour, and salt. The chicken is then fried until crispy, and then tossed in a sauce made with a special blend of spices and fresh green chilies. The sauce for the Andhra Chilli Chicken is made by sautéing onions, green chili, and curry leaves in a mixture of mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Then, a combination of turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, and salt is added to the pan to create a rich and flavorful sauce. The fried chicken pieces are then added to the sauce and cooked until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken evenly. Andhra Chilli Chicken is a perfect combination of spicy and flavorful, and it’s a great dish for those who love a little heat in their food. It is typically served with rice or roti and is a popular main course for lunch or dinner.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe
Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- For marinating the chicken:
- 500 grams boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
Read also: Thalassery Biryani Recipe
Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe Steps
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cornflour, and salt. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions, green chili, and curry leaves and sauté until the onions turn soft and translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, and salt. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Let the sauce cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the sauce and toss well to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken pieces evenly.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
- Enjoy your spicy and delicious Andhra Chilli Chicken
Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe (per serving, assuming it serves 4 people):
- Calories: 270
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 395mg
Please note that this is an estimate and the actual nutrition values may vary based on the specific ingredients and quantities used. Additionally, the serving size and number of servings can also impact the nutritional values. If you have any specific nutritional concerns, it is always best to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare provider.
Andhra Chilli Chicken Recipe is a delicious and spicy dish that is popular in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. It is made by marinating chicken pieces in a mixture of spices, frying them until crispy, and then tossing them in a sauce made with a blend of spices and fresh chilies. This dish is high in protein and has moderate amounts of carbohydrates and fat. While Andhra Chilli Chicken can be a tasty addition to a balanced diet, it is important to remember that it is a relatively high calorie and high-fat dish. By using leaner cuts of chicken and using smaller portion sizes, you can enjoy this dish in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It is always a good idea to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare provider if you have any specific nutritional concerns or dietary restrictions.