Appe Recipe, also known as Paniyaram or Paddu, is a popular South Indian snack that is typically made using a special appe pan or paniyaram chatti. The batter for appe is made from a combination of fermented rice and urad dal (black gram) batter, just like dosa and idli. The batter is seasoned with chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, and salt, and then poured into the cavities of the appe pan. The cavities are typically round and slightly curved, creating a small, bite-sized shape that is perfect for snacking. The batter is cooked on both sides until golden brown, creating a crispy outer layer with a soft and fluffy center. Appe is typically served with coconut chutney or sambar, a vegetable and lentil-based stew. Overall, appe is a delicious and nutritious snack that is easy to make and enjoyed by people of all ages. It is a great alternative to deep-fried snacks and can be customized with different toppings and fillings.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Appe Recipe
Appe Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup dosa/idli batter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
Read also: Dahi Kabab Recipe
Appe Recipe Steps
- In a mixing bowl, add the dosa/idli batter and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add the chopped onion, green chilli, and grated ginger to the batter. Mix well.
- Heat the appe pan (also known as paniyaram chatti) on medium heat and add a few drops of oil in each cavity.
- Pour the batter into each cavity, filling them about three-fourths full.
- Cook the appe for 2-3 minutes on medium heat, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Using a spoon or a skewer, flip the appe over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the other side is also golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding a few drops of oil in each cavity before pouring the batter.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy appe
Appe Recipe Nutrition
Assuming that the batter is made using a 1:3 ratio of rice and urad dal, the nutrition information for a serving of 4-5 Appe Recipe is:
Calories: 130 Total Fat: 1.5g Saturated Fat: 0.2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 370mg Total Carbohydrates: 25g Dietary Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 5g
Please note that this is an approximate value and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used in the recipe. The nutrition information may also vary depending on the amount of oil used for cooking.
In conclusion, Appe Recipe is a popular and delicious South Indian snack that is made from fermented rice and urad dal batter. It is seasoned with chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, and salt, and cooked in a special appe pan until golden brown on both sides. This snack is not only easy to make but also a healthy alternative to deep-fried snacks, with a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. Enjoy it with coconut chutney or sambar for a flavorful and nutritious snack that can be enjoyed any time of the day.