Beans Curry Recipe is a hearty and flavorful Indian dish that is made using a variety of different beans, such as kidney beans, black beans, or chickpeas. The beans are simmered in a spicy and aromatic sauce made from a blend of spices, such as coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala, as well as fresh ingredients like onions, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes. The result is a satisfying and delicious dish that is packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Beans curry can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish and is a popular choice for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. With its rich and comforting flavor, this dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Cabbage Curry
Cabbage Curry Ingredients
- 1 cup dried beans, soaked overnight
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Gobi Masala Recipe
Cabbage Curry Steps
- Drain the soaked beans and place in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the beans are soft, about 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a separate pan over medium heat and add the chopped onions. Cook until golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chili, and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt, and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Cabbage Curry Nutrition
The nutritional content of Beans Curry Recipe can vary depending on the type of beans and recipe used, but in general, it is a nutritious and low-fat dish. Here are some of the nutritional benefits of beans curry:
- High in Protein: Beans are a good source of plant-based protein, making this dish a great choice for vegetarians and vegans.
- Rich in Fiber: Beans are a good source of fiber, which is important for maintaining digestive health and preventing constipation.
- Low in Fat: Beans curry is typically made with just a small amount of oil, making it a low-fat dish.
- Good Source of Vitamins and Minerals: Beans are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- Contains Antioxidants: Tomatoes, onions, and spices used in beans curry contain antioxidants, which help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
It’s important to note that the nutritional content of beans curry can vary depending on the recipe and ingredients used, so it’s always best to check the label or consult a registered dietitian for a more accurate estimate.
In conclusion, Beans Curry Recipe is a nutritious and delicious dish that is a great choice for anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying meal. Made with a variety of different beans, this dish is high in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, and is low in fat. With its spicy and aromatic flavor, this dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Whether you’re looking for a main course or a side dish, beans curry is a great option that is sure to please the whole family. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply