Beans Poriyal Recipe is a simple and flavorful dish made with green beans and a mixture of spices. It is a popular side dish in South Indian cuisine, typically served with rice and other dishes like sambar or rasam. The dish is made by sautéing sliced green beans with spices like mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, red chili peppers, curry leaves, turmeric powder, and salt. The mixture is then cooked until the beans are tender but still slightly crunchy. Some variations may also include grated coconut, which adds a nice crunch and a touch of sweetness to the dish. Beans poriyal is known for its simplicity, flavor, and nutrition, making it a staple in many South Indian households.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Cabbage Poriyal Recipe
Cabbage Poriyal Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal (split chickpeas)
- 2 dried red chili peppers
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut (optional)
Cabbage Poriyal Recipe Steps
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them crackle for about 30 seconds.
- Add the urad dal, chana dal, dried red chili peppers, and curry leaves. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the lentils are golden brown.
- Add the sliced green beans and stir to combine.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt, and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let the beans cook for 5-7 minutes, or until they are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Stir in the grated coconut (if using).
- Serve the beans poriyal hot as a side dish with rice and curry.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious beans poriyal
Cabbage Poriyal Recipe Nutrition
The exact nutritional content of Beans Poriyal Recipe can vary depending on the ingredients used, serving size, and preparation methods. However, here is an estimate of the nutrition per serving for a basic recipe using the ingredients listed above:
- Approximately 100-120 calories per serving
- 2-3g of protein
- 10-12g of carbohydrates
- 7-8g of fat
- 4-5g of fiber
- 2-3g of sugar
- 200-300mg of sodium
Please note that this is an estimate and actual values may vary. It’s always best to consult a nutrition professional for more accurate information. Beans are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making beans poriyal a nutritious dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Beans Poriyal Recipe is a delicious and nutritious side dish that is popular in South Indian cuisine. Made with simple ingredients like green beans, spices, and coconut, it is a flavorful and healthy addition to any meal. With its high fiber content and low calorie count, beans poriyal is a great dish for those looking to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Whether enjoyed on its own or as part of a larger spread of dishes, beans poriyal is sure to please with its delicious flavor and versatility.
Leave a Reply