Beetroot Paratha Recipe is an Indian flatbread that is made by incorporating grated beetroot into the dough. The dish is a nutritious and flavorful alternative to traditional parathas and is often enjoyed as a breakfast or lunch dish. The paratha has a vibrant pink color and a slightly sweet and earthy flavor, thanks to the addition of beetroot. The paratha is made with whole wheat flour, grated beetroot, salt, oil, and water, and is cooked on a griddle or frying pan until golden brown. It is usually served hot with a side of raita, pickle, or chutney. Beetroot Paratha is a delicious and healthy way to incorporate beets into your diet and is a great option for those looking to add more variety to their meals.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Beetroot Paratha Recipe
Beetroot Paratha Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 medium beetroot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Water (as needed)
- Oil or ghee (for cooking)
Read also: Sambar Rice Recipe
Beetroot Paratha Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, grated beetroot, salt, and 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Gradually add water and mix until the dough comes together. Knead for about 5-7 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal parts and roll each part into a ball.
- Flatten each ball of dough with your palms and roll it out into a thin circle (about 6-7 inches in diameter).
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Place the paratha on the griddle and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Apply a little oil or ghee on each side of the paratha while cooking.
- Serve hot with your favorite accompaniment, such as raita, pickle, or chutney.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Beetroot Paratha
Beetroot Paratha Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional information for Beetroot Paratha Recipe depends on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. However, here is a rough estimate of the average nutrition per serving (based on 1 paratha made with 2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 medium beetroot):
Calories: 150-180 Fat: 3-4 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 27-30 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 5 g Sugar: 2-3 g Sodium: 300-350 mg
Note: The above nutritional information is an estimate and may vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. It is recommended to consult a registered dietitian or a nutritionist for a more accurate analysis.
In conclusion, Beetroot Paratha Recipe is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed as a part of a balanced diet. Made with whole wheat flour and grated beetroot, it is a great way to incorporate beets into your diet and add some color and flavor to your meals. The dish is a healthier alternative to traditional parathas and is often enjoyed as a breakfast or lunch dish. While the exact nutritional information may vary based on the specific ingredients and serving size, Beetroot Paratha can be a good source of fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals. Overall, Beetroot Paratha is a tasty and healthy dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.