Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe is a popular North Indian dish made with marinated soy or mutton chaap (ribs) that are grilled or baked and coated with melted butter. The chaap is marinated in a mixture of thick yogurt and spices such as ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin powder, and salt, which infuses it with a rich and spicy flavor. The chaap is then threaded onto skewers and baked or grilled until it is slightly charred and cooked through. The butter adds a rich and indulgent flavor to the dish and complements the spicy flavors of the marinade. Butter Chaap Tikka is often served as an appetizer or side dish and can be garnished with lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves. It is a delicious and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed by both vegetarians and meat-eaters.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe
Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe Ingredients
- 500g chaap (soy or mutton)
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Tawa Chaap Recipe
Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe Steps
- Cut the chaap into small pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix well to coat the chaap with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Thread the marinated chaap onto skewers and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the chaap with melted butter.
- Bake the chaap in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chaap is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Remove the chaap from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the chaap hot, garnished with lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your delicious Butter Chaap Tikka!
- Note: This recipe can also be prepared on a grill or a tandoor oven, if available.
Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe Nutrition
Here is the approximate nutrition information for Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe based on a standard recipe that serves four people:
- Calories: 350 per serving
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 800mg
Please note that this is just an estimate and the exact nutritional value of the dish may vary depending on the specific ingredients and quantities used. Additionally, the nutrition information can be affected by the cooking method used (grilling vs baking) and the serving size.
Butter Chaap Tikka Recipe is a flavorful and indulgent dish that is relatively high in calories and fat. However, it is also a good source of protein, making it a filling and satisfying dish. If you are watching your calorie or fat intake, it is important to enjoy this dish in moderation or consider alternative cooking methods or ingredient substitutions to make it a bit lighter. Nonetheless, Butter Chaap Tikka is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed as an occasional indulgence or as part of a balanced and varied diet.
Leave a Reply