Cabbage Vada Recipe is a popular Indian snack made from grated cabbage, spices, and gram flour (besan). The mixture is shaped into small rounds and deep-fried until crispy. Cabbage Vada is often served as an appetizer or a snack, and can be enjoyed with a variety of dips and chutneys. The addition of spices and gram flour make this dish flavorful, crunchy, and a tasty option for those looking for a vegetarian snack.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Cabbage Vada Recipe
Cabbage Vada Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup grated cabbage
- 1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Read also: Banana Cake Recipe
Cabbage Vada Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated cabbage, besan, onions, green chilies, ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Mix everything well until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- Wet your hands and take a small ball of the mixture and flatten it into a small patty. Repeat the process to form more patties.
- In a deep pan, heat oil for deep frying. When the oil is hot, gently place the patties in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain the fried vadas on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the Cabbage Vadas hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.
Cabbage Vada Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Cabbage Vada Recipe varies depending on the ingredients used and the serving size. However, on average, a serving of Cabbage Vada can contain the following nutrients:
Calories: 200-250 Fat: 12-16g Protein: 5-6g Carbohydrates: 20-25g Fiber: 2-3g
It also contains small amounts of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, and Vitamin C.
It’s important to note that Cabbage Vada is a deep-fried food and is high in fat and calories. Eating it in moderation as part of a balanced diet is recommended.
The Cabbage Vada Recipe is a delicious and nutritious snack that is easy to make. It is made with grated cabbage, spices, and gram flour. The vadas are then deep fried until golden and crispy, giving them a delicious crunch with every bite. In terms of nutrition, one serving of Cabbage Vada can provide a good source of carbohydrates, protein, and dietary fiber. However, it is also high in fat and calories due to the deep-frying process. It is best to enjoy this snack in moderation as part of a balanced diet.