Capsicum Rice Recipe, also known as Bell Pepper Rice, is a flavorful and colorful South Indian dish made with cooked basmati rice and a flavorful capsicum-based masala. The dish is known for its vibrant red, yellow, and green colors, as capsicum comes in various colors. Capsicums are the key ingredient which are a good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, and contain antioxidants. The dish is made with a variety of spices such as mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder, which give it its unique flavor and aroma. The dish also contains ginger-garlic paste, onion, and tomato which adds to the flavor and nutrition. Overall, Capsicum Rice is a healthy, flavorful, and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Capsicum Rice Recipe
Capsicum Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Read also: Tomato Rice Recipe
Capsicum Rice Recipe Steps
- Rinse the rice in water and soak for 30 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, and green chilies. Cook for a minute or until the seeds start to crackle.
- Add the onion and capsicum, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add the tomato, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the masala is fragrant.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the rice is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
This dish can be enjoyed with a variety of meats, seafood, or vegetables. It is a perfect dish for lunch or dinner.
Capsicum Rice Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional information for Capsicum Rice Recipe will vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. However, here is an approximation of the nutrition per serving based on the ingredients listed in the recipe above:
- Calories: 200-250
- Protein: 4-5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40-45 grams
- Fat: 5-6 grams
- Fiber: 2-3 grams
- Vitamin C: 35-40% of the daily value (DV)
- Vitamin A: 20-25% of the DV
Capsicum Rice is a low-calorie, high-carb dish that is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, which helps to promote healthy digestion. The dish is also relatively low in fat and does not contain cholesterol. While it is relatively low in protein but it is a good source of carbohydrates which is the main energy source for the body. It’s good to consume in moderate amount as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Capsicum Rice Recipe is a flavorful and colorful South Indian dish made with cooked basmati rice, capsicums, and a variety of spices. The dish is known for its vibrant red, yellow, and green colors, as capsicums come in various colors. Capsicums are the key ingredient which are a good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, and contain antioxidants. It’s a healthy, flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. Nutritional information per serving, based on the ingredients listed in the recipe, includes 200-250 calories, 4-5 grams of protein, 40-45 grams of carbohydrates, 5-6 grams of fat, 2-3 grams of fiber, 35-40% of the daily value of Vitamin C, and 20-25% of the daily value of Vitamin A.
Leave a Reply