Chaap Butter Masala Recipe is a popular vegetarian dish in India that is made with soy-based chaap sticks and a rich, creamy tomato-based gravy. The chaap sticks are first cut into bite-sized pieces and then cooked in a thick, flavorful gravy that is made with a combination of spices, tomato, and cream. The dish is often served with rice or naan bread and is loved for its rich and satisfying flavor. The use of chaap sticks, a vegetarian meat substitute made from soy, makes this dish an excellent protein-rich option for vegetarians and vegans. Overall, Chaap Butter Masala is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for a special occasion or a cozy night in.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chaap Butter Masala Recipe
Chaap Butter Masala Recipe Ingredients
- 250 grams of chaap sticks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Pudina Chaap Gravy Recipe
Chaap Butter Masala Recipe Steps
- Cut the chaap sticks into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and sauté the chopped onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chili and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down. Once it’s cooled, blend it in a blender until it becomes a smooth puree.
- Return the puree to the pan and add water to get the desired consistency. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the chaap sticks and let them cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Add cream and mix well. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or naan bread.
- Enjoy your delicious Chaap Butter Masala!
- Note: You can adjust the spice level according to your taste preference by adding more or less chili powder and green chilies. You can also substitute cream with coconut milk for a vegan version.
Chaap Butter Masala Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of Chaap Butter Masala Recipe, assuming a serving size of one cup (250 grams) of the prepared dish:
Calories: 365 kcal Fat: 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 22 mg Sodium: 674 mg Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Fiber: 11.2 g
- Sugars: 11.1 g Protein: 14.3 g
Note that the exact nutritional information may vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation method used. This information is provided as an estimate only and should not be taken as medical advice.
In conclusion, Chana Butter Masala is a popular vegetarian dish from the Indian subcontinent that is made with chickpeas, onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and a variety of spices, and served with rice or naan bread. While the exact nutritional information may vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation method used, Chana Butter Masala is generally a good source of protein, fiber, and several essential vitamins and minerals. As with any food, it’s important to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced and varied diet.