Cheese Dosa Recipe is a popular variation of the traditional South Indian dish, Dosa. It is made by adding grated cheese, onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, and green chilies to the batter used to make a traditional dosa. The result is a crispy, savory crepe with a delicious combination of flavors and textures. The cheese adds a rich, creamy taste and the vegetables give it a fresh and crunchy texture. It is usually served with chutney or sambar, which are traditional South Indian dips. Cheese Dosa is a popular breakfast or brunch dish that can also be enjoyed as a snack or a light meal.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Cheese Dosa Recipe
Cheese Dosa Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/4 cup of urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1/4 cup of chana dal (split chickpeas)
- 1/4 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- 1 cup of grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green chilies
Read also: Bread Vada Recipe
Cheese Dosa Recipe Steps
- Soak the rice, urad dal, chana dal, and fenugreek seeds in water for at least 4 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked ingredients into a fine batter using a blender or food processor. Add enough water as needed while grinding.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well. Cover the batter and let it ferment for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) over medium heat. Once hot, pour a ladleful of batter in the center of the tawa and spread it in a circular motion to form a dosa.
- Spread some grated cheese, onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, and green chilies over the dosa.
- Drizzle some oil over the edges of the dosa.
- Once the bottom of the dosa turns golden brown, fold it in half and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve the Cheese Dosa hot with chutney or sambar.
Enjoy your delicious Cheese Dosa
Cheese Dosa Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Cheese Dosa Recipe will depend on the specific ingredients used and the method of preparation. Generally speaking, a Cheese Dosa made with traditional ingredients will be high in carbohydrates from the rice and lentils used in the batter. It will also contain a good amount of protein from the lentils. The cheese will add some fat and calories to the dish, as well as calcium. The vegetables used to top the dosa will provide some vitamins and minerals, but the amounts will vary depending on the specific vegetables used.
One Cheese Dosa contains approximately
- 250-300 calories
- 8-10 gm of protein
- 40-50 gm of carbohydrates
- 8-10 gm of fat
- and some vitamins and minerals.
It’s also important to note that if you use butter or oil to cook the dosa, it will increase the fat and calorie content. You can reduce the fat and calorie content by using non-stick pan, cooking spray or a small amount of oil.
In conclusion, Cheese Dosa Recipe is a delicious and popular variation of the traditional South Indian dish, Dosa. It is made by adding grated cheese, onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, and green chilies to the batter used to make a traditional dosa. Cheese Dosa is a good source of protein and carbohydrates and can also provide some vitamins and minerals. The nutritional value of the dish will depend on the specific ingredients used and the method of preparation, so it’s important to be mindful of how it’s made and the portion you are consuming. Cheese Dosa is a perfect dish for breakfast, brunch, or a light meal, and it can be enjoyed with traditional dips like chutney or sambar.