Cheese Paratha Recipe is a popular Indian flatbread that is made with wheat flour and stuffed with a mixture of spices and cheese. The dough for the paratha is made by mixing flour, water, and a small amount of oil or ghee. The filling for the paratha is typically made with grated cheese, cumin powder, and salt. The dough is then rolled out, the filling is placed on one half of the dough and then folded over the filling and sealed to create a pocket. It is then cooked on a griddle or tawa (a flat Indian skillet) with a small amount of oil or ghee until it is golden brown and crispy on both sides. Cheese paratha is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s a delicious and satisfying dish that is high in protein and carbohydrates, but also high in fat and calories due to the cheese and oil used. It can be served with chutney, yogurt or pickles. It is a popular street food in North India and Pakistan and it is usually served with tea. It’s a perfect dish for cheese lovers and it is a great way to incorporate cheese in a traditional Indian meal.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Cheese Paratha Recipe
Cheese Paratha Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or any other cheese of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Water (as needed)
- Oil or ghee for cooking
Read also: Suji Ka Cheela Recipe
Cheese Paratha Recipe Steps
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, cumin powder, and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Slowly add water and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls.
- Flatten the dough balls into small circles.
- Place a spoonful of grated cheese on each dough circle.
- Bring the edges of the dough together and seal the cheese inside.
- Roll out the dough ball again into a circle.
- Heat a tawa or griddle over medium heat.
- Once the tawa is hot, place the paratha on it and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Brush the paratha with ghee or oil and cook for another minute on each side.
- Serve hot with yogurt or chutney.
Cheese paratha is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s high in protein and carbohydrates, but also high in fat and calories due to the cheese and oil used.
Cheese Paratha Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Cheese Paratha Recipe will vary depending on the ingredients and portion size used. However, in general, cheese paratha is a high-calorie food that is rich in carbohydrates, fat, and protein. One serving of cheese paratha (about 100 grams) can contain around 250-300 calories, 10-15 grams of fat, and 15-20 grams of protein. It also contains a moderate amount of carbohydrates, vitamin B12 and calcium.
It is important to keep in mind that cheese paratha is a traditional Indian dish, and it’s best consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you’re trying to watch your calorie intake, you can opt for a smaller portion size or pair your paratha with a salad or other low-calorie side dish.
To conclude, making Cheese Paratha Recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy Indian flatbread. The key to a successful recipe is to ensure that the dough is soft and pliable, and that the cheese filling is well-seasoned and evenly distributed. Once the parathas are cooked, they can be served hot with yogurt, chutney, or pickles. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply