Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe is a classic Cajun dish that combines the bold flavors of spicy chorizo sausage with tender chicken, vegetables, and rice. The dish is typically seasoned with a blend of Cajun or Creole spices, which give it its signature heat and depth of flavor.
To make jambalaya, the chicken and chorizo are first browned in a large pot or Dutch oven, along with diced onions, bell peppers, and celery. Tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasonings are then added, and the mixture is brought to a simmer. Uncooked rice is then stirred in and the pot is covered and left to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed. Additional vegetables or proteins, such as shrimp or okra, can be added in at the end for extra flavor and texture.
Jambalaya is typically served hot, and is enjoyed as a hearty, comforting meal. It can be a great option for a dinner party or a family-friendly meal, and leftovers can be enjoyed the next day.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe
Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Read also: Yummy golden syrup flapjacks Recipe
Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe Steps
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium heat. Add diced chicken and chorizo and cook until browned.
- Add diced onions, bell peppers, and celery to the pot and sauté until softened.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and a variety of Cajun or Creole seasoning. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add in uncooked rice, stirring well to combine.
- Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in any additional vegetables or proteins, such as shrimp or okra.
- Allow jambalaya to sit, covered, for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Note: This is a basic recipe and may vary based on individual taste. Feel free to adjust the seasonings and add in any additional ingredients to your liking.
Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional information for a recipe like Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe can vary depending on the specific ingredients and portion size. However, generally speaking, jambalaya is a relatively high-calorie dish due to its use of meat, rice, and oil.
A typical serving of jambalaya can have around:
- 400-500 calories
- 20-30g of protein
- 40-60g of carbohydrates
- 15-25g of fat
It also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Vitamin A, calcium, iron and high level of sodium which can be reduced by using a low sodium broth or reducing the amount of added salt.
It is important to keep in mind that jambalaya can be high in calories and fat, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Chicken & chorizo jambalaya Recipe is a delicious and satisfying Cajun dish that combines spicy chorizo sausage, tender chicken, and a variety of vegetables and rice. It is seasoned with a blend of Cajun or Creole spices, giving it its characteristic heat and depth of flavor. The dish is easy to make, and can be prepared in one pot or Dutch oven, making it a convenient option for busy weeknight dinners or casual gatherings. It is a high-calorie dish due to the use of meat, rice, and oil. It is also high in sodium. It’s important to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. But overall, it is a tasty and wholesome dish that is sure to please any crowd.