Chicken Manchurian Recipe is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that is a perfect blend of spicy, sweet, and tangy flavors. The dish is made with boneless chicken pieces that are first marinated in a mix of spices, coated with a batter, and then deep-fried until crispy. The fried chicken pieces are then tossed in a delicious sauce made with a blend of soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, vinegar, and other spices. The sauce for Chicken Manchurian is typically made with a mix of garlic, ginger, onions, and green chilies that are fried in oil until fragrant. The sauces are then added to the pan along with soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, vinegar, and other spices. The mixture is brought to a boil, and a cornflour mixture is added to thicken the sauce. The crispy and juicy fried chicken pieces are then added to the pan and tossed well to coat them in the sauce. The dish is usually garnished with chopped spring onions and served hot with steamed rice or noodles. Chicken Manchurian is a popular and delicious dish that is perfect for any occasion. Its unique blend of Indian and Chinese flavors makes it a favorite among people all over the world.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chicken Manchurian Recipe
Chicken Manchurian Recipe Ingredients
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Chopped spring onion for garnish
Read also: Chicken Majestic Hyderabadi Recipe
Chicken Manchurian Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, mix together cornflour, all-purpose flour, egg, ginger-garlic paste, soy sauce, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and salt. Add chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat the chicken with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken pieces in batches and deep fry until they turn golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and add chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies to the pan and fry until the onions turn translucent. Add chopped capsicum and fry for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, vinegar, salt, and water to the pan and mix well. Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the pan and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the pan and mix well until the chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot.
- Your Chicken Manchurian is now ready to be enjoyed
Chicken Manchurian Recipe Nutrition
Here’s an approximate nutritional breakdown of Chicken Manchurian Recipe, per serving (assuming 4 servings per recipe):
Calories: 438 Protein: 27g Carbohydrates: 27g Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 138mg Sodium: 1618mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g
Please note that this is an approximate nutritional value and may vary based on the specific ingredients used and the cooking method. Deep-frying the chicken can increase the calorie and fat content of the dish. It is recommended to consume Chicken Manchurian in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Chicken Manchurian Recipe is a delicious and popular Indo-Chinese dish that combines crispy fried chicken pieces with a flavorful sauce that has a perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and tangy flavors. While it is a popular dish, it is important to consume it in moderation due to its high calorie and fat content from the deep-frying process. Nevertheless, Chicken Manchurian is a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a main course with steamed rice or noodles. By making it at home, you can control the ingredients used and make it healthier by reducing the amount of oil used in the frying process.