Chicken Marsala Recipe is a classic Italian dish that consists of sautéed chicken cutlets cooked in a Marsala wine and mushroom sauce. It is a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for a special occasion or a family dinner. The dish is traditionally made with Marsala wine, which gives it a unique and distinct flavor, but it can also be made with other types of wine such as white wine or sherry.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chicken Marsala Recipe
Chicken Marsala Recipe Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 cup Marsala wine
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
Read also: Chicken Fajitas Recipe Steps
Chicken Marsala Recipe Steps
- Dredge chicken cutlets in 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken cutlets and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 8 oz of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup of diced onions, and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add 1 cup of Marsala wine and 1 cup of chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (optional) and serve.
This recipe is fairly simple and easy to follow. The dish is made by dredging chicken cutlets in flour, sautéing them in a skillet, then cooking them in a flavorful Marsala wine and mushroom sauce. The sauce is made by sautéing mushrooms, onions, and garlic in the same skillet, then adding the Marsala wine and chicken broth and reducing it. Finally, the butter is added to the sauce to give it a rich and creamy texture. The dish is served with the chicken cutlets and the sauce spooned over them.
Chicken Marsala Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of Chicken Marsala Recipe can vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the portion size. However, in general, it is a dish that is high in calories, protein and sodium.
A serving of Chicken Marsala (1/2 cup/125ml) made with the ingredients listed in the recipe would have approximately:
- 300-350 calories
- 12-15g of fat
- 15-20g of carbohydrates
- 25-30g of protein
- 1-2g of fiber
It also contains a moderate amount of sodium, and it’s also a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and iron.
It is important to keep in mind that this dish is high in calories, fat and sodium, so it should be consumed in moderation. To make it more nutritious, you can use skinless chicken breasts, low-sodium chicken broth and reduce the amount of butter. Also, it is recommended to serve it with a side of vegetables.
Overall, Chicken Marsala is a delicious and classic Italian dish that can be enjoyed as a special occasion meal. However, it should be consumed in moderation, and it can be made more nutritious by using healthier ingredients and serving it with a side of vegetables.
In conclusion, Chicken Marsala Recipe is a classic and elegant Italian dish that consists of sautéed chicken cutlets cooked in a rich and flavorful Marsala wine and mushroom sauce. It is a dish that is perfect for a special occasion or a family dinner. The recipe is easy to follow and it is made with basic pantry ingredients such as all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter, and the key ingredients being chicken, Marsala wine and mushrooms.