Chicken Pakora Recipe is a savory snack that is popular in Indian cuisine. It is made by coating bite-sized pieces of chicken in a spicy batter and then frying them until crispy and golden. The batter is typically made with a mixture of flour, spices, and seasonings, such as turmeric, cumin, coriander, red chili powder, and salt. The chicken pieces are then coated in the batter and fried in hot oil until crispy and fully cooked. Chicken pakoras are typically served hot and are often accompanied by mint chutney or ketchup for dipping. They are a popular snack for entertaining, as well as for enjoying as a quick and satisfying snack any time of day. With their crunchy exterior and juicy, flavorful interior, chicken pakoras are a crowd-pleaser that is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves savory, crispy snacks.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chicken Pakora Recipe
Chicken Pakora Recipe Ingredients
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Water, as needed
- Vegetable oil for frying
Read also: Cheese Omelette Recipe
Chicken Pakora Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, turmeric, cumin, coriander, red chili powder, and salt.
- Add enough water to make a batter that is thick but still pourable.
- Add the chicken pieces to the batter and coat well.
- In a large, deep pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Using a spoon or tongs, carefully drop the battered chicken pieces into the hot oil. Fry for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the pakoras are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pakoras from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve the chicken pakoras hot with mint chutney or ketchup, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious chicken pakoras
Chicken Pakora Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition information for Chicken Pakora Recipe will vary depending on the ingredients and method of preparation used. However, here is a rough estimate of the nutritional content per serving (based on 4 servings per recipe):
Calories: 400-450 Fat: 20-25 g Saturated Fat: 4-6 g Cholesterol: 95-105 mg Sodium: 400-450 mg Carbohydrates: 25-30 g Fiber: 1-2 g Sugar: 1-2 g Protein: 25-30 g
It’s important to note that chicken pakoras are a high-fat, high-calorie food due to the oil used for frying. Consuming too much of them can lead to weight gain and other health problems. They should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Chicken Pakora Recipe are a delicious and popular snack in Indian cuisine, made by coating bite-sized pieces of chicken in a spicy batter and frying them until crispy and golden. They are high in calories and fat due to the oil used for frying, so they should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. With the right ingredients and method of preparation, chicken pakoras can be a tasty and satisfying snack that is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves savory, crunchy foods.