Chicken Pulao Recipe is a flavorful rice dish that is popular in many parts of the world, especially in South Asia and the Middle East. It is made with basmati rice, boneless chicken pieces, and a variety of aromatic spices and herbs. The dish is known for its fragrant aroma and delicious taste, which comes from the combination of different spices and ingredients. To make Chicken Pulao, the rice is first soaked in water for a while to remove excess starch and improve its texture. The chicken pieces are then sauteed with onions, garlic, ginger, and green chilies in a pot with a variety of spices, such as bay leaves, cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick. The rice is then added to the pot along with water and cooked until the rice is fully cooked and fluffy. Finally, chopped mint and coriander leaves are added to the pot to give the dish a fresh and vibrant flavor. Chicken Pulao is often served with a side of raita or a yogurt-based salad, which helps balance out the heat of the spices and adds a cool and refreshing contrast to the dish. It can be a perfect meal for a special occasion or a hearty family dinner.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chicken Pulao Recipe
Chicken Pulao Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups of water
Read also: Chicken Pasta Recipe
Chicken Pulao Recipe Steps
- Rinse the rice in cold water and soak it for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large pot. Add the bay leaves, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds until the spices are fragrant.
- Add sliced onions, minced garlic, grated ginger, and chopped green chilies. Cook until the onions are soft and golden brown.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until they are lightly browned on all sides.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked rice and mix well with the chicken and spices.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Add chopped mint and coriander leaves to the pot and mix well. Cover the pot and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot with raita or any side dish of your choice.
- Enjoy your delicious Chicken Pulao
Chicken Pulao Recipe Nutrition
Here is the approximate nutrition information for a serving of Chicken Pulao Recipe, based on the recipe I provided:
- Calories: 490
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 22g
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Also, the recipe may contain allergens such as wheat, soy, or dairy, so it’s important to take this into consideration if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. If you have specific nutrition concerns, it’s always best to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare professional.
In conclusion, Chicken Pulao Recipe is a delicious and flavorful rice dish that is perfect for a special occasion or a hearty family dinner. It’s made with a variety of aromatic spices, boneless chicken pieces, and basmati rice, and is often served with a side of raita or a yogurt-based salad. While it can be high in carbohydrates and calories, it can also be a good source of protein and fiber. If you have any specific nutrition concerns or dietary restrictions, it’s always best to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare professional before including this dish in your diet.
Leave a Reply