This recipe for Chilli Prawns Recipe is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for seafood lovers. The dish consists of fresh prawns that are stir-fried with a mixture of garlic, ginger, and red chillies, and then coated in a sweet and savory sauce made with soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and cornstarch. To start, you will need to peel and devein your prawns and set them aside. Then, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside. Next, heat up some vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat, and add in the chopped garlic, ginger, and red chillies. Stir-fry these ingredients for a minute or two until they become fragrant and add in the prawns. Continue to stir-fry the prawns until they turn pink, which should take about 3-4 minutes. Once the prawns are cooked, pour in the sauce and stir-fry for another minute or two until the sauce thickens and coats the prawns evenly. Finally, garnish the dish with chopped scallions and cilantro and serve hot with steamed rice or noodles
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Chilli Prawns Recipe
Chilli Prawns Recipe Ingredients
- 500g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 fresh red chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped scallions and cilantro for garnish
Read also: Chilli Fish Recipe
Chilli Prawns Recipe Steps
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, cornstarch, water, and salt and pepper to make the sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic, ginger, and red chillies and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add prawns and stir-fry until they turn pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the prawns evenly.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro and serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
- Enjoy your delicious chilli prawns
Chilli Prawns Recipe Nutrition
Here is the approximate nutrition information for one serving (based on four servings) of the Chilli Prawns Recipe:
Calories: 225 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 221mg Sodium: 1245mg Total Carbohydrates: 12g Dietary Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 30g
Note: The nutrition information may vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Also, this recipe is a good source of protein and includes some essential vitamins and minerals, but it is relatively high in sodium due to the soy sauce. You can modify the recipe to reduce the sodium content by using reduced-sodium soy sauce or limiting the amount of salt added.
In conclusion, chilli prawns is a tasty and flavorful dish that is relatively easy to make. This recipe involves stir-frying fresh prawns with garlic, ginger, and red chillies and then coating them in a sweet and savory sauce made with soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and cornstarch. The dish is rich in protein and includes some essential vitamins and minerals, but it is relatively high in sodium due to the soy sauce. Overall, it can be a great addition to your seafood recipe collection, and you can modify it to suit your taste preferences and nutritional needs.
Leave a Reply