Corn Curlet Recipe are an Indian snack made by mashing corn and spices into a dough and then shaping it into small patties. The patties are then coated with breadcrumbs and deep-fried until they are crispy and golden brown. The result is a savory, crunchy snack that is perfect for satisfying hunger pangs. They are typically served with a side of ketchup or green chutney.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Corn Curlet Recipe
Corn Curlet Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- Oil for frying
Read also: Paneer Tikka in Oven Recipe
Corn Curlet Recipe Steps
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn kernels, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, and semolina.
- Add the flour mixture to the corn mixture and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Flatten each ball into a patty.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the patties from the oil and place on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Corn Curlet Recipe Nutrition
The nutrition content of Corn Curlet Recipe will vary depending on the recipe, but they are generally considered to be a high-calorie and high-fat food. A typical serving of corn curlets contains around 200-300 calories, with 10-15 grams of fat and 30-40 grams of carbohydrates. The fat content comes primarily from the oil used for frying. Additionally, corn curlets may contain small amounts of protein and dietary fiber. It’s worth noting that the nutrition content of corn curlets can be improved by using healthier ingredients, such as whole grain flour and baked or air-fried methods of cooking, instead of deep-frying.
In conclusion, Corn Curlet Recipe are a popular snack food that can be enjoyed as a treat. While they are high in calories and fat, they can be part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation. To make them healthier, consider using healthier ingredients and cooking methods.