Dondakaya fry Recipe, also known as Ivy gourd fry, is a popular dish in Indian cuisine. It is made by slicing Tindora (Ivy gourd or Dondakaya), a vegetable that grows in tropical regions, and frying the slices in oil until they are crispy and golden brown. The dish is seasoned with a blend of spices, such as turmeric, red chili powder, and coriander powder, and salt to taste. The spices and seasonings can be adjusted to personal preference to create a flavor that is both spicy and savory. Dondakaya fry is often served as a side dish or as a snack and can be enjoyed with rice or roti. It is a simple and flavorful dish that is easy to make and is a great way to incorporate a healthy and delicious vegetable into your diet.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Dondakaya fry Recipe
Dondakaya fry Recipe Ingredients
- 500g Dondakaya (Ivy gourd), sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
Read also: Eggplant Potato Recipe
Dondakaya fry Recipe Steps
- Wash and slice the Dondakaya into thin rounds.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced Dondakaya and mix in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned Dondakaya slices to the pan and fry until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the Dondakaya slices from the pan and place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the Dondakaya fry hot as a side dish or as a snack.
- This recipe serves 4-6 people and can be enjoyed with rice or roti. You can adjust the spices and seasonings to your taste.
Dondakaya fry Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of a Dondakaya fry Recipe dish will vary depending on the ingredients and cooking method used. However, a typical serving of Dondakaya fry (100g) may contain the following nutrients:
Calories: 100-120 Protein: 2g Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 11-12g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Calcium: 20mg Iron: 1mg Potassium: 320mg
It’s important to note that this is just an estimate and the actual nutritional content may vary based on the ingredients used and the method of preparation. Additionally, frying Dondakaya in oil can increase the calorie and fat content of the dish, so it’s important to consider the cooking method when evaluating its nutritional content.
In conclusion, Dondakaya fry Recipe is a tasty and popular dish in Indian cuisine. Made by frying slices of Ivy gourd (Tindora or Dondakaya) and seasoning with spices and salt, it is a simple and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a snack. With its versatile flavor and the ability to be adjusted to personal preference, Dondakaya fry is a great dish to add to your repertoire and enjoy as part of a healthy and delicious diet.