Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe is a spicy and flavorful dish that originated in the coastal city of Mangalore, located in the southwestern state of Karnataka in India. It is a dry version of the popular Chicken Ghee Roast, which typically includes a tomato-based gravy. In this recipe, boneless chicken pieces are marinated in a mixture of spices and roasted in ghee, or clarified butter, until they are golden and crispy. The dish gets its unique flavor from a blend of aromatic spices such as cumin, fennel, coriander, and dried red chilies, which are dry roasted and ground into a powder. The spice blend is then mixed with ghee, turmeric, black pepper, ginger paste, garlic paste, and tamarind paste to create a paste, which is used to marinate the chicken. The chicken is then pan-fried until it’s cooked through and the marinade has formed a crispy coating around the chicken pieces. Dry Chicken Ghee Roast is a versatile dish that can be served as an appetizer, a side dish, or a main course. It pairs well with plain rice, biryani, or any type of Indian bread such as naan, roti, or paratha. The dish is also known for its fiery and intense flavor, which can be adjusted by adding or reducing the number of dried red chilies used in the recipe. Overall, Dry Chicken Ghee Roast is a delicious and satisfying dish that’s sure to impress any spice-loving foodie.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe
Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe Ingredients
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 8-10 dried red chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Read also: Chicken Pulao Recipe
Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe Steps
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and dried red chilies in a pan until they are fragrant. Let them cool down and then grind them into a fine powder in a spice grinder.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the ground spice powder, turmeric powder, and black pepper powder. Saute for a few seconds until the spices are fragrant.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, and tamarind paste to the pan. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the spice mixture. Cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Enjoy your delicious Dry Chicken Ghee Roast!
- Note: If you want a wetter version of the dish, you can add some water or coconut milk to the pan and cook until the desired consistency is achieved.
Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe Nutrition
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for a serving of Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe, based on the recipe I provided:
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 28g
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. Also, the recipe may contain allergens such as dairy or nuts, so it’s important to take this into consideration if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. If you have specific nutrition concerns, it’s always best to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare professional.
In conclusion, Dry Chicken Ghee Roast Recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish that’s popular in the coastal city of Mangalore in India. It’s made with boneless chicken pieces that are marinated in a mixture of spices and then roasted in ghee until they are golden and crispy. While it can be high in calories and fat due to the use of ghee, it’s also a good source of protein and fiber. If you have specific nutrition concerns or dietary restrictions, it’s always best to consult with a registered dietitian or healthcare professional before including this dish in your diet. However, if you’re a fan of spicy and flavorful food, you’re sure to love Dry Chicken Ghee Roast!