Egg Bonda Recipe is a popular South Indian snack dish made of boiled eggs that are coated in a spiced batter and then deep-fried until golden brown. The result is a delicious, crispy, and savory snack that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as an evening snack. The boiled eggs are mashed and shaped into balls, which are then coated in a batter made of gram flour, spices, and water. The coated eggs are then deep-fried until golden brown, resulting in a delicious and crispy snack that is popular among people of all ages. Serve the Egg Bondas hot with chutney or sauce of your choice for a truly satisfying experience.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Egg Bonda Recipe
Egg Bonda Recipe Ingredients
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Oil, for deep-frying
Read also: Cheese Dosa Recipe
Egg Bonda Recipe Steps
- Peel and mash the boiled eggs in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, and water to form a thick batter.
- Take a portion of the mashed eggs and shape it into a ball.
- Dip the egg ball into the batter, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, carefully drop the batter-coated egg ball into the pan.
- Fry the egg bonda until it’s golden brown on all sides, which should take around 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining eggs and batter.
- Serve the egg bondas hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.
- Enjoy your delicious Egg Bondas
Egg Bonda Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional value of an Egg Bonda Recipe can vary based on the ingredients and the size of the serving. However, here is an estimate of the average nutritional value of a single serving of Egg Bonda (100g).
Calories: 320 Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 200mg Sodium: 140mg Carbohydrates: 22g Protein: 12g
It is important to note that this is just an estimate and the actual nutritional value may vary depending on the ingredients and method of preparation. Additionally, deep-frying the Egg Bondas can increase the calorie and fat content significantly. As with any food, it is important to enjoy Egg Bondas in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
In conclusion, Egg Bonda Recipe is a delicious and popular South Indian snack that is enjoyed by people of all ages. Made with boiled eggs that are coated in a spiced batter and deep-fried until golden brown, it is a crispy and savory snack that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as an evening snack. While it is a tasty treat, it is high in calories and fat, so it is important to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Leave a Reply