Falafel Recipe is a Middle Eastern dish made from ground chickpeas, spices, and herbs that are formed into balls or patties and then deep-fried until crispy. Falafel has a crispy exterior and a soft, moist interior that is bursting with flavor. It is typically served as a sandwich in a pita bread with vegetables, such as lettuce, tomato, and cucumber, and a sauce, such as tahini or hummus. Falafel is also a popular vegetarian and vegan food, as it is made with plant-based ingredients and is free of meat and dairy. It is a delicious, satisfying, and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Falafel Recipe
Falafel Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
Read also: Aloo Chaat Recipe
Falafel Recipe Steps
- Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas, and then place them in a food processor.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley and cilantro, cumin, coriander, baking powder, salt and pepper to the food processor.
- Pulse the mixture until it is well combined and forms a coarse mixture. Do not over-process, as you want the mixture to still have some texture.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. The oil should be about 1 inch deep.
- Fry the falafel balls in the hot oil until they are golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the fried falafel on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve hot with tahini sauce, hummus, or wrapped in a pita with your favorite toppings.
Falafel Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional information for a serving of Falafel Recipe will vary depending on the size of the serving and the ingredients used, but here is an approximate nutritional breakdown per 100 grams:
- Calories: 200-300
- Total Fat: 14-20 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2-3 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
- Sodium: 400-600 milligrams
- Total Carbohydrates: 20-30 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 5-8 grams
- Sugar: 2-3 grams
- Protein: 6-10 grams
Note: These values are an estimate and may not be entirely accurate. For a more precise nutritional analysis, it is recommended to consult a nutritionist or use a reliable nutrient database.
In conclusion, Falafel Recipe is a delicious, nutritious, and versatile dish that has become a staple in Middle Eastern cuisine. It is made from simple, plant-based ingredients, making it a popular choice for vegetarians and vegans. Falafel can be served as a sandwich, a snack, or as a main dish and can be customized to suit individual tastes and preferences. Whether enjoyed on its own or as part of a larger meal, falafel is sure to satisfy and provide a burst of flavor and nutrients in every bite.
Leave a Reply