Gobi Masala Recipe is a popular Indian dish that features tender, spiced cauliflower in a flavorful sauce made from tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic, and a blend of spices. The dish is typically made by first sautéing the onions, ginger, and garlic, and then adding the chopped tomatoes and spices, such as coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala. The cauliflower is then added and simmered until tender. The result is a delicious and satisfying dish that is both spicy and aromatic, with a tender, juicy center and a crispy exterior. Gobi Masala can be served as a main course or as a side dish and is a popular choice for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Gobi Masala Recipe
Gobi Masala Recipe Ingredients
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Read also: Soya Keema Recipe
Gobi Masala Recipe Steps
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the chopped onions. Cook until golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chili, and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt, and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Gobi Masala Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Gobi Masala Recipe can vary depending on the ingredients and recipe used, but in general, it is a nutritious and low-calorie dish. Here are some of the nutritional benefits of Gobi Masala:
- Rich in Fiber: Cauliflower is a good source of fiber, which is important for maintaining digestive health and preventing constipation.
- Low in Fat: Gobi Masala is typically made with just a small amount of oil, making it a low-fat dish.
- Low in Calories: Cauliflower is a low-calorie vegetable, making Gobi Masala a good choice for those watching their calorie intake.
- Good Source of Vitamin C: Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, which is important for supporting the immune system and maintaining skin health.
- Contains Antioxidants: Cauliflower contains antioxidants, such as vitamin C, which help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
It’s important to note that the nutritional content of Gobi Masala can vary depending on the recipe and ingredients used, so it’s always best to check the label or consult a registered dietitian for a more accurate estimate.
In conclusion, Gobi Masala Recipe is a delicious and nutritious Indian dish that is made with tender, spiced cauliflower and a flavorful sauce. This dish is low in fat and calories and is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Whether you’re looking for a healthy vegetarian meal or a flavorful side dish, Gobi Masala is a great choice. Enjoy!