Goli baje Recipe is a popular Indian snack food that originated in the state of Karnataka in South India. It is a deep-fried snack that is made from a batter of urad dal (split black lentils), all-purpose flour, yogurt, green chilies, and spices. The batter is dropped into hot oil to form small, round balls, which are then fried until they are golden brown and crispy. Goli Baje has a soft and spongy interior with a crispy exterior and is often served with coconut chutney or mint chutney. It is a staple snack in many South Indian households and is also popular in other parts of India and the world.
Here’s a recipe for a simple and delicious Goli baje Recipe
Goli baje Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
Read also: Moong Dal Pakado Recipe
Goli baje Recipe Steps
- Soak the urad dal in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the urad dal into a fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the urad dal paste, all-purpose flour, yogurt, green chilies, cumin seeds, ginger, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix everything together until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Take small portions of the batter and drop them into the hot oil.
- Fry the baje until they are golden brown and crispy, flipping occasionally.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or mint chutney.
- Enjoy your delicious and crispy Goli Baje
Goli baje Recipe Nutrition
The nutritional content of Goli baje Recipe will depend on the ingredients used and the method of preparation, but a typical serving size of 100g of Goli Baje can contain the following nutrients:
- Energy: Approximately 400-450 calories
- Fat: 25-30g
- Carbohydrates: 35-40g
- Protein: 12-15g
- Sodium: 1-2g
It is important to note that Goli Baje is a deep-fried snack and is therefore high in fat and calories. It is best enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Additionally, the use of high-quality oils and moderate frying temperatures can help to reduce the fat content of the Goli Baje.
In conclusion, Goli baje Recipe is a popular Indian snack food that is made from a batter of urad dal, all-purpose flour, yogurt, green chilies, and spices. It is a deep-fried snack that is crispy on the outside and soft and spongy on the inside. Although it is high in fat and calories, it can still be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. The nutritional content of Goli Baje will vary depending on the ingredients and method of preparation, but a typical serving size of 100g can contain 400-450 calories, 25-30g of fat, 35-40g of carbohydrates, 12-15g of protein, and 1-2g of sodium.
Leave a Reply