How To Make Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe .one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe
- 2 bunches spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fenugreek leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound paneer, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
Steps for Make Authentic Saag Paneer Recipe
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook spinach and fenugreek in the boiling water until wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a food processor. Puree until finely chopped, about 5 pulses.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry paneer cubes, stirring constantly, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in the skillet and fry the cumin seeds until lightly toasted and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until onion begins to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic, tomato, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes break down and onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and fenugreek, cream, paneer cubes, and salt to taste. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.