California Chicken one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make California Chicken Recipe !Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make California Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 10 slices
How To Make California Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Warm oil in skillet and add chicken and onion. Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is browned and just about done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and top each breast with 1 to 2 slices of tomato and 2 to 3 slices of cheese. Place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts. Remove from oven, add 2 to 3 slices of avocado on top of each breast, and serve immediately.