How To Make Cheesy Catfish Chowder is one of our favorite ways to Make Cheesy Catfish Chowder’ ! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for Make Cheesy Catfish Chowder :-
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Steps for Make Cheesy Catfish Chowder:-
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter and saute the onion until tender. Pour in chicken broth and water. Mix in celery, carrots, and potatoes. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk and cake flour. Mix into the Dutch oven.
- Mix remaining milk, celery salt, salt, and pepper into the Dutch oven. Stirring occasionally, continue cooking the mixture about 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir catfish into the mixture, and cook 5 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Mix in Cheddar cheese, and cook another 5 minutes, until melted.
Watch How To Make Cheesy Catfish Chowder:-
- Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe.:-
|Total Fat||10.8 g||Potassium||71 mg|
|Saturated||7.0 g||Total Carbs||1.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||7 g|
|Trans||1 g||Protein||1.4 g|