How To Make Cheesy Leftover Ham and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Cheesy Leftover Ham and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Cheesy Leftover Ham and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (2.8 ounce) package French fried onions, divided
- 1 1/2 cups diced leftover cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- aluminum foil
Steps for Make Cheesy Leftover Ham and Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the onions into the mashed potatoes. Spread potato mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 2-quart casserole dish to form a shell.
- Combine ham, frozen peas and carrots, mushroom soup, mustard, garlic, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture into the mashed potato shell. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese and onions over the top. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.