How To Make Chef John’s Shrimp and Grits Recipe .one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Chef John’s Shrimp and Grits Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Chef John’s Shrimp and Grits Recipe
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white grits
- 1/2 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsl
Steps for Make Chef John’s Shrimp and Grits Recipe
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until almost crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer bacon to a dish, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- Whisk 1/4 cup water, cream, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Stir 4 cups water, butter, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a pot; bring to a boil. Whisk grits into pot, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook until grits are creamy, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir white Cheddar cheese into grits.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with Cajun seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Heat skillet with bacon drippings over high heat. Cook shrimp in hot bacon fat in a single layer for 1 minute. Turn shrimp and add jalapeno; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir cream mixture, bacon, green onion, and garlic to shrimp mixture; cook and stir, adding water as necessary to thin the sauce, until shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Ladle grits into a bowl and top with shrimp and sauce.