How To Make Chef John’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to How To Make Chef John’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe ’ ! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Chef John’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound hot Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 4 large green bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for topping
Steps for Make Chef John’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set the cooked rice aside.
- Cook onion and olive oil over medium heat until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Transfer half of cooked onion to a large bowl and set aside.
- Stir marinara sauce, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes into the skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, Italian parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into bowl with reserved onions; mix well. Stir in cooked rice and Parmigiano Reggiano. Stuff green bell peppers with beef and sausage mixture.
Watch How To Make Chef John’s Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe.:-
|Total Fat||16.9 g||Potassium||636 mg|
|Saturated||6.0 g||Total Carbs||35.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||9 g|
|Trans||1 g||Protein||20.1 g|