How To Make Easy Southern Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Easy Southern Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Easy Southern Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
- waxed paper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds green tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup canola oil for frying, or as needed
Steps for Make Easy Southern Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Beat eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Place flour and cornmeal in 2 separate shallow bowls. Season cornmeal with salt and pepper.
- Dip each tomato slice into flour, then dip into egg mixture. Press tomato into cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Transfer tomato to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tomato slices, arranging tomatoes in a single layer.
- Heat about 1/4 inch canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat until oil begins to shimmer. Fry tomatoes in batches until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel-lined plates. Repeat with remaining tomatoes.