How To Make Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 3 1/4 cups fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
Steps for Make Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually pour in milk, whisking constantly the entire time to avoid lumps from forming. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese. Add lemon juice, mustard powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Drain fusilli and fold into the sauce. Mix in tuna. Pour mixture into an 8-inch casserole dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden, about 30 minutes.