How to Make Honey-Brined Fried Chicken Breasts Recipe. one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Fry Chicken Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Honey-Brined Fried Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
Steps for Make Honey-Brined Fried Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Mix cold water, kosher salt, and honey in a large bowl; stir until salt dissolves. Add chicken breasts, and weigh them down with a plate to keep them completely submerged. Cover entire bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator; drain and dry chicken. Pour buttermilk over chicken in a large bowl. Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, black pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Coat each chicken breast in flour mixture until well covered on all sides; place flour-coated chicken breasts on a cooling rack to dry for 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook chicken breasts until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Transfer chicken to a cooling rack; allow to cool for 5 minutes.