How To Make Hush Puppies Recipe .one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Hush Puppies Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Hush Puppies Recipe
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, minced
Steps for Make Hush Puppies Recipe
- Heat vegetable oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn meal, baking powder, salt, milk, and water. Mix in egg and chopped onion.
- Shape the batter into small balls, approximately 1 tablespoon each.
- Use a long handled spoon to gently slide the hush puppies into the hot oil. Cook 8 or 10 at a time, until golden brown. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon, and roll on paper towels to briefly drain. Serve hot.