How To Make Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup is one of our favorite ways to Make Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup’ ! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for Make Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup :-
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- salt to taste (optional
Steps for Make Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soups :-
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Cook and stir red pepper flakes, turmeric, and garam masala into onion mixture until coated, about 2 more minutes.
- Stir lentils and broth into onion mixture; bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until lentils are softened but firm to the bite, about 15 minutes.
- Stir sweet potatoes into lentil mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender and lentils are fully cooked, about 10 more minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt.
Watch How To Make Indian Sweet Potato and Lentil Soups:-
- Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe.:-
|Total Fat||4.9 g||Potassium||1107 mg|
|Saturated||7.0 g||Total Carbs||63.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||7 g|
|Trans||1 g||Protein||1.4 g|