How To Make Italian Cabbage Casserole is one of our favorite ways to Make Italian Cabbage Casserole’ ! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for Make Italian Cabbage Casserole :-
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 white onion, diced
- 5 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 sweet apple, diced
Steps for Make Italian Cabbage Casserole:-
- Cook and stir bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until browned and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and drain grease from Dutch oven.
- Cook and stir Italian sausage in Dutch oven until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour beef broth into Dutch oven and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Stir celery, onion, carrot, Italian seasoning, coriander, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt into beef broth mixture; bring to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir cabbage, apple, and cooked bacon into vegetable mixture; cook until cabbage and apples are tender and desired consistency is reached, 30 to 45 minutes.
Watch How To Make Italian Cabbage Casserole:-
- Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe.:-
|Total Fat||10.8 g||Potassium||71 mg|
|Saturated||7.0 g||Total Carbs||1.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||7 g|
|Trans||1 g||Protein||1.4 g|