How To Make Khitchari Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Khitchari Recipe’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Khitchari Recipe
4 cups water
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup split mung beans
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Add all ingredients to list
Steps for Make Khitchari Recipe
Combine water, basmati rice, split mung beans, ginger, coriander, oregano, garlic, cumin, and fennel seeds in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until most of the water is absorbed and the mixture has a smooth consistency, 20 to 25 minutes.