How To Make Korean Kimchi Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to How To Make Korean Kimchi Recipe ’ ! Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Korean Kimchi Recipe
- 3 heads napa cabbage, cored and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/2 cup salt
- 3 heads garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, or to taste
Steps for Make Korean Kimchi Recipe
- Cut the cabbage leaves into 2 inch long pieces. Spread 1/4 of the leaves into a large, non-metallic bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 of the salt. Repeat layering all of the cabbage has been salted. Let stand at room temperature until a lot of liquid has been pulled from the leaves and the cabbage is tender, 3 to 4 hours; drain. Rinse the cabbage in 2 or 3 changes of water. Drain again very well and return the cabbage to the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the cabbage with the minced garlic, green onions, MSG, and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with additional salt and toss until evenly combined. Pack the mixture into a sterilized gallon-sized glass jar. Cover the jar with wax paper and a loose fitting lid so the seal is not airtight.
- Allow the cabbage to ferment at room temperature until it reaches the desired degree of sourness, 2 to 5 days. Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Watch How To Make Korean Kimchi Recipe
- Here are the foods from our food nutrition database that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe.:-
|Total Fat||0.3 g||Potassium||233 mg|
|Saturated||0.0 g||Total Carbs||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||1.4 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||1 g|
|Trans||1 g||Protein||1.6 g|