How To Make Mac and Cheese Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Mac and Cheese Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch dried mustard (optional)
- 1 very small pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded white Cheddar cheese
Steps for Make Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Bring milk, salt, cayenne, mustard, nutmeg, and 1 tablespoon butter to a simmer in a pot over medium heat. Stir in macaroni. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until firm yet tender to the bite, about 8 minutes. Do not undercook.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and toast until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir cheeses into the cooked macaroni. Reduce heat to low and stir just until melted. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 3 minutes. Uncover, stir, and season to taste.
- Spoon mac and cheese into warm serving bowls; sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs on top.