How To Make Salted Naan Sticks with Mango Chutney Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Salted Naan Sticks with Mango Chutney Recipe !Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Salted Naan Sticks with Mango Chutney Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 4 teaspoons melted butter, or more as needed for brushing
- Diamond Crystal® Coarse Sea Salt, to sprinkle on top
- For Mango Chutney:
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon panch phoron (Bengali Five Spice)*
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch garam masala
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 2 tablespoons jaggery (or light brown sugar)
How To Make Salted Naan Sticks with Mango Chutney Recipe
- Combine the yeast and sugar to the warm milk and let stand until a creamy foam forms on the surface, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt and 3 1/2 cups of flour to the milk mixture; mix 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle in additional flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the sides of the bowl, but do not exceed a total of 4 1/2 cups flour. Cover and let rise 2 hours.
- Punch dough down and divide into 12 equal pieces; form them into balls. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel and let rest for an additional 30 minutes.
- Put a pizza stone in the oven. Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Divide each ball half; and roll out each half with the palm of your hands to make 2 long sticks. Pinch together at one end, then twist them around each other. Pinch them together at the other end.
- Cook on pizza stone until the sticks puff up a little and small, light brown spots begin to appear, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Brush each naan stick with butter and sprinkle with Diamond Crystal(R) Coarse Sea Salt. Serve with Mango Chutney.
- For Mango Chutney, heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy pot. Pour in the panch phoron and cook until seeds begin to sizzle and release their fragrance, 30 seconds or so.
- Using a microplane, grate ginger into the pan and