How To Make Southern Collard Greens Recipe . one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Southern Collard Greens Recipe ’!Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Southern Collard Greens Recipe
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 pounds ham hocks
- 4 pounds collard greens, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Steps for Make Southern Collard Greens Recipe
- Place the water and the ham hock in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to very low and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the collards and the hot pepper flakes the pot. Simmer covered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable oil and simmer covered for 30 minutes.