Tempeh Breakfast Sausage Patties one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Tempeh Breakfast Sausage Patties !Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Tempeh Breakfast Sausage Pattiess
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, grated
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, or more to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
How To Make Tempeh Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Combine tempeh, tamari, garlic, sage, paprika, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Simmer, stirring tempeh frequently, until completely reduced, about 7 minutes.
- Stir flour into tempeh mixture. Let cool in the saucepan until safe to handle, about 15 minutes. Shape into 2-inch patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease with olive oil. Pan-fry the patties until well-browned, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Instead of pan-frying, you can put 1 tablespoon olive oil into the cooled tempeh, shape into patties, and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for 20 minutes, turning once.