How To Make Tilapia Pitas Recipe one of our favorite Recipe ways to Make Tilapia Pitas Recipe !Delicious, spicy and full of flavor! If you don’t like intense hot flavor, cut down the crushed red pepper flakes!
Ingredients for How To Make Tilapia Pitas Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6 pita breads, cut in hal
Steps for Make Tilapia Pitas Recipe
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, Italian dressing, feta cheese and anchovies. Season with cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Mix until well blended, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the tilapia fillets in the skillet, and season with lemon pepper, salt and cayenne. Fry until browned on each side, and fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Warm pita breads in the toaster or in the microwave to soften. Open from the cut side to make pockets. Fill pita bread halves with lettuce, onion, and tilapia fillets, then spoon in some of the feta cheese sauce. Serve and enjoy!